You’d never know this delicious matcha ice cream was low in calories, fat and carbs, and packed with protein!
- 950ml Plain, Non-fat Greek Yogurt
- 475ml Organic 2% Fat milk, eg. Half and Half *
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 6 drops Lemon Flavouring **
- 2 cups Stevia (or 2 tsp Stevia Extract)
- 1.5 tablespoons Okami Life Organic Matcha Powder
- 1 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Freeze your ice cream maker bowl for at least 24 hours
- In a stand mixer bowl with whisk attachment, add the yogurt, 2% fat milk, vanilla extract and lemon flavouring (or lemon rind). Whisk on medium speed.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the stevia, matcha powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Slowly dash the dry ingredients into the whisking stand mixer. When it’s all incorporated, increase the speed to medium-high.
- Take the bowl off the mixer, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The next day, place the frozen ice cream bowl onto the ice cream machine and turn the machine on.
- Pour the refrigerated mixture into the spinning ice cream bowl and churn until soft-serve consistency.
- Scoop the ice cream into a freezer-proof container and freeze for ~2 hours, or until the texture is as firm as you like it. Scoop into bowls and serve!
* We used a 500ml carton of organic/grass-fed 2% fat milk. ** The lemon flavouring is optional, it just brightens up the matcha flavour. Feel free to omit it if you like.