This has to be the easiest way to create glorious matcha-flavoured dark chocolate. A lovely treat to share with family and friends for a special occasion.
- 100g of extra fine milk chocolate, 30% cocoa solids*
- 100g of extra fine dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids*
- 2 tsp of Okami Life Organic Matcha
- Extra matcha to sprinkle over the top of your chocolates
- Break or cut up chocolate into small pieces ready to be melted.
- Find a glass bowl which can rest on a saucepan's perimeter without touching the bottom.
- Fill saucepan to the point where the water is close to touching the bottom of glass bowl.
- Bring water to light simmer, with chocolate pieces and stirring spoon in bowl.
- Progressively blend the chocolate together until a smooth consistency is achieved.
- Using a sieve, sift in two level teaspoons of organic matcha into the chocolate mixture.
- Blend molten chocolate until the matcha is evenly distributed.
- Carefully spoon chocolate into clean moulds.
- Let cool at room temperature for 15 minutes, then place in refrigerator.
- Remove chocolates from mould and sprinkle matcha on top through sieve.
- Enjoy this special treat!
Make sure the bowls and utensils you are using are perfectly dry, as even a small amount of water or steam can 'seize' the chocolate during the melting process.
* We used Lindt 30% Cocoa Extra Creamy Milk, and 70% Cocoa Dark Milk, Chocolate.